The Historic Archive: document searches and requests
The Pirelli Historic Archive, situated at Pirelli Foundation HQ, guards the documentation regarding Pirelli history and activities from its year of establishment to date. This exceptional heritage was declared of historical interest by the Archives Superintendence for the Lombardy region in 1972 and contains documents produced and received by the various company departments over the course of more than 140 years of activity, in addition to a section dedicated to advertising and visual communication, which testifies to the fruitful partnerships between Pirelli and intellectuals, artists and photographers. The historic archive contents can also be consulted online.
For research and in-depth investigations, the Pirelli Foundation staff are on hand to help, along with tools for free consultation of the archives.
- Selection of archive material inherent to the search field
- Help in consulting the chosen material
- Photocopies and scans of material for study purposes
Users can count on the following:
- A consultation room with PCs
- Access to consulting hard-copy and on-line inventories
Admission to Historic Archive consultation
For informations, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request images for:
- production of material from the Pirelli historic archive for personal use: copies of the Pirelli historic archive material can be requested, free of charge, for the applicant’s personal use, for non-profit purposes and not for direct or indirect commercial use. To request archive material, fill in forms A1 and A2 and return them to email@example.com
- publications: the reproduction of material in publications is subject to assessment and depends on the application for written authorisation to this end. For this assessment, the information requested in form B is required.
- for exhibitions and shows: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fondazione Pirelli, Viale Sarca 222, 20126 Milano
Per altre informazioni chiamare: tel. 0264423971